POSITION TITLE: CUSTOMS CONSULTANT
LOCATION: MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
Our client has a unique industry niche as a customs consulting and advisory firm. They provide customs knowledge and expertise to a wide range of Canadian importers, helping their clientele with tariff classifications and apply for refunds from CBSA. We need a knowledgeable customs consultant to handle both the operations side of the business as well as meet with clients.
If you’ve ever considered starting your own customs consulting firm but didn’t want to take too much risk this is the opportunity for you! There is a very real opportunity for equity in the company, and ability to influence the strategic direction of the organization.
To be successful in this complex role, you will need strong knowledge of tariff classifications and duty drawbacks. You will also need to be confident and comfortable working directly with clients and building consultative relationships.
- Working collaboratively with sales, you will provide clients with advice and support regarding customs programs that may work to their benefit.
- Identify creative opportunities for duty drawbacks.
- Prepare and present cases to Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT).
- Keep clients abreast of trends and developments related to customs compliance issues.
- Maintain strong working relationships with Canadian, US and international customs as well as with all other regulatory authorities.
If you are a customs expert who meets these criteria, please forward your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to speaking with all qualified candidates!